Solved

Time & Expenses Pop Out

I often move quickly from one matter to the next and it is easy to forget to adjust my billed time as I go. I used to “pop out” the Time & Expense screen and keep it on a third monitor. This approach allowed me to constantly see my billed time and make adjustments quickly without having to click through other screens. Recently, the “pop out” feature has not worked. Smokeball thinks that the tab is popped out (shows “Show Time & Expenses” button to “pop back” the screen) but the tab is no where to be found. I used to adjust the resolution of the monitor and the tab would magically reappear properly popped out. That no longer works. Has anyone else had this problem and developed a fix?

icon

Best answer by Sara Sultan 2 May 2024, 17:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @jharrell 

This can happen especially if you have multiple monitors attached to a laptop that is sometimes disconnected from those monitors.  Windows “remembers” the screen position incorrectly.  Try to following to see if it helps resolve the issue:

1. Hover over the Smokeball icon in the task bar;
  2. Right-click on the window that is not opening;
  3. Click MAXIMIZE.
  4. That will open it to the monitor that is connected.

Sara,

Thank you for this tip!  It worked.  Much appreciated!

This is a useful feature but mine shows up on one screen and will NOT allow me to move it which is frustrating unless I do the maximize thing. I also prefer to use the time/fee pop out  that is in the upper left corner of the time & expenses tab instead of the short cut below the date and user name because then I can add more details and this is not available on the pop out.